Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Called PotClock Err PlotClock

Cool Technology Gadgets - Plotclock

It writes the time for you so you don't have to.

Here's a video of a really cool and prohibitively expensive watch to use.  It's called the PlotClo..  Yeah, but does it tell the day?  "No."  I like my watch to have at least 6 buttons.  "Doesn't have one." Pathetic.  I want stopwatch and timer functions.  "It doesn't have those."  Right.  I want alarm functions.  "It can't do that." Display a second time zone?  "Doesn't have one."  I want illuminated dials.  "No."  What the heck?  Then what can it do?  "It writes the time on a piece of whiteboard, erases it, then writes the new time again." Cool! I want one! "You can't have it."  Noooo!!!!!

Hit the jump to see the sexy writing action and the instructions on how to build one.  Yes, build one.

Apart from lots of whiteboard ink, here are the other things that you'll need:

  • Laser Cutter/3D Printer
  • 1 Arduino
  • 3 Servos
  • 1 Dry Wipe Pen
  • M3 Nuts, Bolts, Thread Tap

Instructions about making one from this website - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:248009



I want one that updates every millisecond.

No comments:

Post a Comment