Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flying a Phantom Drone Into a Fireworks Display

Daily Random Gadgets - Drone Films Fireworks

Damn fine or stupid idea, you decide.

Fireworks in all its fiery beauty are best enjoyed from afar, yes?  I guess that's the general consensus because well, standing a meter from an exploding pyrotechnic may not be the best of ideas especially if you are concerned about staying alive. Thanks to these guys though, we can see the fireworks in a whole new perspective, and that is being right in the middle of it.  Personally, I would not risk a $500 drone to pull this stunt.

True story.  I once had a close call of being burned by fireworks when I was a kid.  You see, on New Year's Day, my friends and I would go out on the streets collecting black powder from fireworks that failed to go off from the previous night.  We knew it's dangerous but we were kids.. we were oblivious that the danger is real.  So there was this time when we've collected maybe a soda can-full of black powder.  That time we had the idea of laying it out on the ground in a trail just like in the cartoons, you know the one where Bugs Bunny is battling out Yosemite Sam in Bunker Hill Bunny.

I lit it up, and boy, it was not like the cartoons at all.  The fire chewed the trail of black powder so fast that it happened in a flash.  And there I was, sitting just several inches away from the end of the trail where we had a pile of black powder as the finale.  I recall a flash of blinding light and the heat so close to my face. The smell of singed hair in the air. Luckily I was unscathed, but boy was it close.

Keep going to see the drone being more than singed, no doubt.


It's the Big Bang theory!

No comments:

Post a Comment