Monday, March 17, 2014

Cosplay Costumes for Less than 2 Dollars


They're so terrible they are awesome.

Cosplay costumes can be very expensive.  I got to know this when I asked for the price of an Akatsuki jacket a couple of years back - no, I'm not into cosplaying and was not planning to use this on such, just wanted to own one for daily use (worse?) - I had to pick my jaw from the ground when the lady told me it was for $70.  The good lady upon seeing my reaction said that they were genuine high-quality ones, not some cheap knockoffs.  Well she's right, they were indeed not cheap.  Needless to say, I left that store without the jacket and my pocket not $70 poorer. 

Now if you love cosplaying and don't want to spend tens of dollars for a costume piece then perhaps you should take a page from this guy's book.  His name is Anucha Saenghcart and his costume creations are able to capture the essence of the character using nothing but stuff you see around your house.  You know, like brooms and flour.  Creativity level 99.

Keep going for some more of his creations.

























Right, I'm off to make my own version of the blasted jacket out of garbage bags and ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment